Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Web 2.0

I have been learning quite a bit about Web 2.0. Some of the tools are not to hard to learn, but there are others that drive me crazy. I was working on the project sharing assignment today and I starting cussing under my breath, and I threw a fist at my computer. I decided I better work on something else for the time being. Haley was doing great, so she said she would help me later. Thank goodness for our fellow classmates. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Haley is my Strength, thank you!

2 comments:

!Viva los libros! said...

I am also just amazed at how much we are learning about web 2.0 tools in such a short time. I know some basic programs really well, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, but I was a little intimidated at the amount of assignments and what we'd do with each. I didn't know if I was going to be able to keep up in my understanding, but I've found that I really get these (to a point) programs and am having so much fun with them. I really see how these tools can impact education. I do agree with Jerry, the book, and other proponents of keeping up with technology; we do need to use more technology in education and not get left behind and be irrelevant in some things. Students need to be able to graduate high school and be able to use some of these tools going to college and beyond (reminiscing about Buzz Lightyear...). One problem I see is the teacher training, because obviously we can't keep up with education and tech processes without being trained (cost and time). Exciting stuff. I have some plans for next year, but I know that I need to work on keeping things simple (Sam); a hard task for me--sometimes I get so caught up in the details.

!Viva los libros! said...

Sorry, I guess everything is expressed at length with me; it's so hard to be brief. I'll make that a goal.